Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yay For Visitors!

Today my parents are driving down for the day. Because the forecast calls for rain pretty much all day, it kind of limits what we'll be able to do. I know that we will take them to the Truman Museum. Keith and I went there a few weekends ago and it was really interesting. I hadn't known that President Truman was from Independence. The museum is all about his life and presidency, as well as the general events that were going on in the United States during World War II and after. It is really interesting. President Truman actually lived in Independence both before and after his presidency, and you can tour his home. Unfortunately, the home is closed until this summer so we won't be able to do that today. I'm trying to find some other museums/cultural attractions around here and Kansas City that we can go to after that. Hopefully I can find enough stuff to keep us busy for the day!

Tomorrow my good friend Lisa is planning on making a trip down here and staying until Monday. I'm excited to have her come, and she's an awesome friend for offering to do so. We will definitely be doing some shopping!

I am so happy to have some visitors to keep us busy this weekend. It will be good for us to do something fun and get our minds off everthing from the past 2 weeks. Now if only the weather could cooperate...

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and are also able to get out and do something that you enjoy.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment