Friday, March 26, 2010

Smile

Music has always been something that I've loved. It sounds cheesy, but it's like music creates a soundtrack to my life. There are certain songs that I hear that immediately remind me of a certain period, event, or age. I remember hearing the song "Smile" in a movie when I was younger (My Girl 2 if you're familiar) and I really loved it. This week that song crept into my mind. I googled it and found the Nat King Cole version that's really beautiful. The song has such a positive message, though I must admit that I've been blubbering like a baby when I listen to it. Here's the lyrics:

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile



That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile


This song is becoming sort of a motto for me now. The perfect background music for what's going on in my life. Years from now if I hear this song, I will no doubt be brought back to this place. I know there are going to be days when I have to force myself to smile, but I guess that's just how you get through life sometimes.

I've also attached a link to play the song if you'd like to listen to it (from youtube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tywcRka8rW0

Maybe it can be a reminder to you as well that sometimes in life you just have to suck it up and carry on.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment