Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What A Beautiful Day

I hope that everyone enjoyed their weekend. As I posted earlier, mine was pretty busy with visitors from Saturday until Monday. It was great to get out and do something fun. On Saturday we took my parents out to lunch for some bbq, explored the Truman Museum, Union Station, Crown Center, and finally out to dinner. It was quite an eventful day. My mom also brought me a few little gifts: a St. Gerard medal, mini statue and prayer card, and my grandma's rosary. It was very thoughtful of her, and I've been wearing the medal every day since.

On Sunday Lisa came down and we grilled steaks and went to see The Bounty Hunter (which was not bad, but kind of a predictable romantic comedy). Yesterday we went to Country Club Plaza to do some shopping. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in myself, though, because I only came back with two books and an oven mitt! I wanted to find some cute (and roomy) dresses, but wasn't able to find any I liked. Why is it when you are on a mission to find something you can't, and when you're trying not to spend money everything looks good? I'll never understand.

Today it is a breezy 70 degrees outside and it's supposed to warm up as the week goes on. I love it! Of course, living in the midwest I know that we still may have some 40 degree days ahead, but I'm trying to pretend that Spring is here to stay.

I hope that the weather is as beautiful where you are, and that you're able to get outside and enjoy it.


Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment