Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

We are now back home after a quick trip to Omaha this weekend to see family. Last night we celebrated Easter with Keith's family, and this morning we did the same with mine. It was nice to see everyone, including our niece and new little nephew. It's fun to have little ones around when you celebrate holidays. We couldn't have asked for any better weather for this visit. This is the first year I can remember in awhile that it's actually felt like spring on Easter! The last few years it seems like it's been unseasonably cool. I love it when I can actually wear a spring dress and be comfortable!

This evening we're just relaxing and trying to enjoy the last bit of the weekend. We took the doggies on a little walk, and now are going to cozy up on the couch to watch some television. A nice way to end the night!

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking about what our priest talked about at Mass today regarding the meaning of Easter. Easter is all about hope and new life. Moving from sorrow to joy. The death of Jesus represents sadness and despair, but his ressurection gives us hope and fills us with peace. In a way, I feel like the story of Easter applies to our story as well. We have gone through initial feelings of grief and hopelessness, but as we made our decision to continue this journey, we felt a sense of peace and happiness. I know our story is just beginning, and certainly this may not be the last time we feel pain or sorrow. But for today I'm choosing to focus on the celebration of Easter- of joy, happiness, and life. I hope that you and your family were able to enjoy this holiday together, and may you also be feeling a sense of peace and happiness.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment