Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Appointment Gods Do Not Like Me.

Today’s post will be a mix of an update and rant. It began with my OB appointment, which was at 10:00. When I arrived, I was told by the nurse that my doctor was not in yet. She had to perform a c-section followed by a visit with another patient in the hospital. I completely understood that, but was still irritated since this has happened a handful of times before (once for another delivery and not sure why the other times). She then weighs me, takes my blood pressure, and listen’s to Wyatt’s heartbeat. All of those looked good. The nurse tells me to wait a bit and she’ll try to see if she can contact my OB. At roughly 10:25 she informs me that my OB will not be in for another hour or so. I told her that I had an appointment with our Pediatrician scheduled for 11:30. She calls their office to see if they can get me in sooner, but they can’t. So I reluctantly agree to go at 11:30 and then come back after it’s done. She promises me she’ll put me at the front of the line when I return.

After wasting some time at Wal-mart, I arrive at the Pediatrician’s office. I’m hoping it will be a very quick meeting so I can get back to the OB asap. I’ve been nervous about getting checked, and putting it off further in the day only increased my anxiety. After waiting 20 minutes in the lobby, I was told that the Pediatrician was also running behind and it would be another 30 minutes or so. At that point I was done. I decided to cancel and re-schedule my visit for Sep 8th. Talk about frustrating! I was glad my blood pressure had already been taken, as I’m pretty sure I would’ve been at hypertension status by then.

I arrived back at my OB’s office around noon and finally got to see her 20 min later. She checked me and I am currently 1-2cm dilated and 60% effaced. So it doesn’t look like Wyatt will be making an entrance in the immediate future. At least I hope not! She also measured my belly, which was right on track at 36cm.

My next appointment is next Wednesday, and I will be checked again to see if I’ve made any progress. Let’s hope the appointment gods are a little kinder to me that day.

Love,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, what a pain in the butt! I totally understand your frustration and anxiety over all that. I'm glad to hear you haven't progressed too much and that Wyatt should be waiting for a while. Hopefully your appointment next week will go much more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete