Saturday, August 20, 2011

36 Weeks

I'm 36 weeks today, which means one more week until Wyatt is considered full-term. Whoohoo! I've noticed more Braxton Hicks contractions lately, which I know is par for the course this late in the game. Sleep has also become more difficult to achieve in recent weeks. For the past several nights I've woken up every 1-2 hours to either use the restroom or roll over to my other side. When I do roll, I notice that many times my hips will pop. Apparently this is caused by the increase in hormones which relax the hips and joints to prepare them for childbirth. It's good to know my body is getting ready for that. Of course, the times I actually try to make my hips pop (such as last night when they were hurting and felt out of place)I can never do it..only when I randomly move at night!

My next OB appointment is this Wednesday. I'll have my first check to see if/how much I'm dilated. While I'm not looking forward to this at all, I am curious to see where I am. We also will be meeting Wyatt's Pediatrician that day to visit with him and tour the office. I will be sure to post an update following both appointments to let you all know how they went.

That's it for today. Here is the latest belly pic:


Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. So exciting that you are so close to being full term! I was so excited when I hit that milestone. Now it's just a waiting game. I totally understand your discomfort. I am definitely getting less sleep these days too. Oh well, it will all be over soon and then we will finally have the little baby we have been dreaming of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how great you look! I have been thinking about you often and can't wait to meet your beautiful son! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete