Thursday, July 1, 2010

Nothing Big To Report!

I met with my doctor this morning, and he told me he would start checking my cervix at my next appointment, July 15th (he's out of town next week). I was both relieved and a little annoyed by this, only because I had been feeling kind of nervous about being "checked" for the first time and now I'll have to go through that again next time! But what can you do? I wasn't about to insist on it anyway, since I still feel fine. Keith came with me and I think he was kind of disappointed that I didn't get checked because he's now on slight alert since I passed the mucus plug! The doctor reassured him that this could still mean there are several weeks left (fingers crossed that's the case).

Other than that it was a routine visit. He measured my belly and we again listened to the heartbeat-still 144 bpm. My blood pressure was a little bit higher today, but I'm hoping maybe that's because I was so nervous. My doctor didn't think it was anything to be concerned about, so I'm okay with that!

I'm sorry that I didn't have any climactic details to share with you all...I guess we might just have to wait until the 15th! Of course, I will keep posting updates until then, especially if anything changs. Tomorrow Keith and I are heading up to Omaha for the weekend, and I am looking forward to it. And yes, I got the okay from the doctor. He just told me I should probably stop and get out of the car every hour or so to avoid the risk of blood clots. Which is fine since my bladder pretty much has the same time limit these days.

I guess that's all I have to share for today...I hope that everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend!

Love,
Ashley

1 comment: