Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ethan's Ultrasound

Here it is, your first peek at Ethan! This is our ultrasound from a few weeks ago. We finally got a chance to scan it last week. I gave framed copies to my mom and Keith's mom for Mother's Day, so I had to wait until after they opened them to post it on here. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise! I'll kind of describe it to you in case you have trouble making out what you see:





On the right side of the picture is Ethan's face. It's a profile shot, so you can see one of his eyes, the point of his nose, and his mouth/chin. The left side is his abdomen. You'll notice two dark spots; those are his kidneys. You can clearly see that one is very large compared to the other. There is also some darkness on his skull, and I'm not sure if that's from the fluid around his brain, or just shadows.

This is the photo I have framed in our bedroom. It makes me happy to look at it, and I hope we get another one to keep when we go for our ultrasound on May 20th. I will be sure to scan and post that as well.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. He looks absolutely beautiful. I'm sure having this ultrasound next to your bed has brought so much joy at the beginning and ending of your day. Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete