Monday, June 27, 2011

Stubborn Placenta!

As you can probably guess by the title of my post, I still have a low-lying placenta. However, it has moved a little and my doctor referred to it as "marginal". She said at this point she wouldn't automatically plan on a c-section and felt that it is still possible to have a vaginal delivery. I believe we'll re-check it one more time at 32 weeks. If it still in the same spot, then I'm not 100% sure what will be done. As much as I'm afraid of having a c-section, I'm also scared of the possiblity of heavy bleeding if my placenta is borderline low at the time of delivery. I suppose I'll ask my OB more about this at my next visit.

The good news is that the Choroid Plexus Cyst that was present on Wyatt's brain at our 20 week ultrasound has completely disappeared!! Praise. The. Lord. This was something I've prayed about every single day since that appointment, and I am so incredibly thankful that it's been answered. We were a little nervous about it going into today's ultrasound, and are feeling very relieved. Wyatt looked healthy and had a steady heartbeat of 145bpm. While we didn't get full body measurements to estimate his size (since that wasn't ordered for this ultrasound), the doctor told me that the body part that the tech did measure (not sure what that was...the head?) was measuring to be 29 weeks 4 days. So assuming the rest of the body is following that same proportion, he is still measuring a little bit ahead. My belly also measured about 28.5 cm, which is right on track.

Overall it was a good visit. My next appointment is in 2 weeks, on July 11th. I'm sure these next few weeks until then will fly by.

Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's fantastic news about the cyst. I'm so happy for you!

    And that stinks about the placenta, but at the end of the day, as long as you get to see your healthy little Wyatt, that's all that really matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for you all that Wyatt's cyst went away!!! That is just so wonderful!

    I'm glad to hear the doctor is monitoring the placenta closely to see what needs to be done for delivery. It would be unfortunate if you have to have a c-section, but it's definitely better than risking something going wrong during delivery.

    I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well for you!!

    ReplyDelete