Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mmmmm....Glucola!

Today's appointment went well. Shortly after arriving, I was handed a bottle of orange Glucola. Sadly, there were no other flavor options given to me. I have to admit it tasted pretty good. It sort of reminded me of a freeze pop...more specifically, the liquid that's always left at the bottom of it after you eat the popsicle. If it wasn't for the fact that you have to chug it in under 5 minutes, I'd say it's borderline refreshing. Well, that might be an exaggeration...but it's definitely not unpleasant.

After entertaining myself with a magazine for an hour, I had my blood drawn. The nurse told me she would call me in the next day or so with the results. Of course I'm hoping to have normal results like last time. After that I saw my doctor. It was a pretty short and sweet appointment with her. Baby's heartbeat was a healthy 157 bpm, and my belly measured about 26cm. So I guess I can stop asking Keith if it looks like I'm growing. I'm sure he's tired of convincing me so. :) My next appointment is June 27th, and we'll do an ultrasound to see if my placenta has moved or not. We've been praying that it has or will (or if nothing else, doesn't cause any complications). That's all I've got for now, but I'll post an update after I hear the results of the glucose test.

Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I'm super nervous about my glucose test which is on 6/30. I've been liking the sweets a bit too much lately. But thanks for describing it as a melted freeze pop - I loooooove those.

    Good luck at your next appt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog! We are your newest follower. be sure to stop by and check our our baby/kid boutique!

    ReplyDelete