Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bye Bye, Bethenny

Today is Ash Wednesday, the offical kick-off to the Lenten season. In preparation for this day, I have been pondering about I might give up. Candy? Pop? Those are things in the past I have done. However, I rarely imbibe on those anymore, at least not enough to make it a sacrifice. So I've decided to go different route this year. It pains me to type this, but I have made the decision to forgo all reality tv shows on Bravo. This includes (but is not limited to): Real Housewives of Orange County, Real Housewives of Miami, and Bethenny Ever After. This is going to be HARD for me, particularly because these shows just started their new seasons a week ago. Which means I am going to miss out on a lot of drama. However, I do have my DVR set to record each of these series, and I plan on having a marathon viewing come April 25th. Keith claims this would be cheating, but I argue that it is no different than giving up pizza and then eating it the day after Easter. Right?? I'd like to believe that the act of delaying my entertainment until then is indeed a legitimate sacrifice. And who knows? Maybe by then I won't even feel the need to watch the episodes I've recorded (not likely, but we'll see).

But on a more serious note, I realize that Lent isn't just about what you give up. It's also about what you do, particularly for others. I've done volunteer work in the past and have been looking for an opportunity here in Springfield. My goal is to find an organization to donate my time and talents to during Lent and beyond. I'm hoping to make a decision on that very soon.

That's all for the moment. I'm looking forward to this Lenten season, and to Easter. Hopefully it will actually feel like spring by then since it's so late this year! Until then I say farewell, dear housewives. See you in 47 days.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment