Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving and Baptism

Last Thursday we loaded up the truck and headed up to Omaha for the holiday. The last time we were home was for my shower in July, so we were anxious to be home again. We had a fun visiting with family, most of who had not gotten to meet Wyatt yet. We introduced him to Uncle Dan, his cousins, great- grandparents and great- aunts and uncles. I'm horrible at remembering to take pictures, but we did manage to get one family photo at the end of the day:

Wyatt recently discovered he has hands and fingers, and they are beyond fascinating to him!

On Sunday we had Wyatt baptized at my family's parish. He wore a gown that has been in my family over 100 years. It was made by nuns for my great- grandfather's christening. I was baptized in it, as was my mom, grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins and brother. It was really neat that Wyatt was part of such a long tradition. Wyatt did a great job as the holy water was poured over his head. Of course, it helped that he had a pacifier in his mouth. But that’s better than him screaming! Here are some pictures of his special day:












We had a great visit home, and look forward to going back again for Christmas. I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday. We have so much to be thankful for this year, but most importantly we thank God for our beautiful baby boy.

Love,
Ashley

1 comment: